Thursday, February 5, 2009

Best run ever! Or at least since December....!

I'm pleased to report another successful 1.5 mile run, with improvements!  This is the first time I've run since my knee issues began that I felt as though I really could have run another mile, which is a definite good sign!  I wanted to go another mile, I debated about going another mile, I even decided at one point during my run to actually run another mile, but in the end, I didn't....visions of my ridiculous attempt to run with Claire a couple of weeks ago kept me in check.....

I have to say this still sucks, and I'm so disappointed that I won't be running that 10K in March, but I've already moved on with my life and decided that the next best thing is a 10K in May, during which time the weather may be appropriate for debuting my new running skirt (which I have yet to purchase....) to the world. I can hear you all laughing....but remember, I'm trying to look at the positive side of life here and what can be more positive than a girl running in a skirt?!  According to my husband, not one single thing... ;-)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Awesome!! I am so, so happy for you. I hope that I will have a similar post for tomorrow-I'm dropping Moxie off for a bath and plan to run all by "my own self" for the first time in a while. If it's warm, that is.

I agree, don't worry about the 10K in March. There's no need to stress yourself out over it when you (and Ed!) will enjoy the race in May that much more.