Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mission accomplished....if 1.5 miles can be called a "mission!"

Back from a 1.6 mile run, of which I ran 1.5 miles with minimal knee discomfort. If I hadn't been through a month of knee-related issues, I would have brushed off what I felt as "first mile stiffness." So - my 1.5 mile per run week begins on a high note!  I still wonder if I'm the same person that ran over 4 miles with delight just before Thanksgiving, but I have to believe I'll get there again soon...

Oh, and I've tried to look at the positive side of the shorter runs.... I took a break from writing today, ran, showered, put on make-up and did my hair in less than an hour. Back to the couch (my office for today - a benefit of writing and working from home!) in plenty of time for a 1:30 PM conference call. All this to say, the short runs may be hard on my ego, but they're easy on the schedule!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Good for you!! That is a definite mission in my book. We took a family walk this afternoon, probably about a mile or a tad more, and I was tired afterward :) So you are ahead of me!!

We should try for Thursday maybe...I should be able to run that day if you are free.

The Emerging Runner said...

I've wondered about how I'd feel if I had to back off due to injury and then come back to shorter runs. My competitive male ego is always pushing me to do more distance and faster speeds. It's good to see your positive approach to recovery.