Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just The Girls

This morning my husband was getting ready to go play with the boys (paintball!) so that meant it was just the girls on the run today. I am so proud that I kept up with running every other day since last Sunday. What an accomplishment compared to the last two months!

Today was cold but not windy, and I warmed up quickly and had to start peeling the layers off. I had Laura in the stroller and Moxie on the leash. Moxie got a bath yesterday and was inside all day, so she was ready for some action today! She really kept me moving quickly at the beginning. She usually mellows out about halfway through, but today she was strong until the very end when I wrapped her leash around the jogging stroller and made her help me pull Laura up the "hill" leading up to our house. I sprinted the last few houses and was very satisfied that she was running behind me.

We did a slightly different course today, a combo of parts of my two regular courses, so I have no idea how far I went. I ran for 23 minutes so I'm guessing at least 2 miles, which is good. I think later I will give into temptation and go map the course in my car. Running today wasn't my easiest or best run ever, but I did notice that I really didn't struggle as much as usual. Could it be that I'm finally getting back to the point where 2 miles is a doable run? And will I someday run enough each week that it will merit a mileage chart like Patty and her friends have on their blog?? I hope so!!

3 comments:

Patty said...

I think you should keep a mile total on your blog, it keeps you honest, is very motivating and helpful when you buy shoes or are just bragging about how many miles you run every week. I never really realized how many miles I was putting in until I started keeping track. Good job on being so consistant.

Angela said...

Awesome, Claire!

And I'm ready to hand over administrative rights to you whenever you want - adding a mileage chart is a terrific idea, but I have no clue when it comes to actually making it happen! :-)

Claire said...

Are we ready for a mile counter? I just don't know...the thought makes me nervous. I don't want everyone to see that it takes me 3 runs to get about 5 miles in!!

I will have to ask Marathon Mom how to do the chart when the time comes. She seems to have it all figured out!