Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some Semblance Of A Routine!

I ran again today, which is (in my book) a huge deal! That means I have run every other day since Wednesday. I really hope to keep this up and make it my routine. The whole family went out today, in the somewhat cold, somewhat windy weather. Once again I thought I would only last about 5 minutes, but we did the whole neighborhood loop. I wish it was a bit longer, maybe 2.5 miles, but for now I will be happy with the 1.8 I think it is.

I didn't wear my watch but luckily my husband had his (when does he ever not wear his watch, were his exact words) and he said we did the loop in 19:30. Much better than Friday at 22 minutes, but I do seem to do better when he is around. Plus I didn't have to be in charge of the stroller and the dog like I did on Friday-today I just pushed Laura. I'm glad, in a way, that I'm back to pushing her, because that definitely makes it harder.

Fingers crossed for at least 3 runs during this week!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Good job Claire, just getting out in the cold and wind is an accomplishment! Spring will truly feel like a gift.

Angela said...

My goodness...I swear I don't know how you run pushing a stroller. One day you're going to run without it and go twice as far, twice as fast!! Good for you for getting out there in this weather, by the way. That warm weather spoiled me, and now I just want to stay inside until it's seventy degrees out again! :-)