Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Road Running

Today I had a little course in my neighborhood all mapped out, but when I set out to run it, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's a small loop through the older part of the neighborhood, and I ran it once with my husband and HATED it. So I started running down the street that leads out of our neighborhood. Next thing I knew, I was on the main road (Elk Rd for those of you who are locals!)

I didn't go far at all-maybe just a few minutes on the main road since Moxie was not liking all the cars driving by, but it felt great. I imagine that is what it will feel like some day when I decide to run to a destination. Not that there's anywhere around here I could safely run to, but that doesn't matter right now!

I was very disappointed when I arrived home and checked the clock-I had only run for about 18 minutes!!! I thought for sure it was a "long" run, but when I drove the course later I found I ran only about 1.7 miles. Bummer. I guess next time I'll have to go farther up the road. Which is kind of upward sloping, by the way. I am feeling it already!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Excellent! Somehow, running on that road makes it all so official! I'm proud!