Saturday, February 7, 2009

Outdoor Fun!

No run today, but the wonderful warm weather allowed us to have a lot of fun outside today! Moxie and I had her last obedience class this afternoon, which was an hour of walking around and working with her. We went straight home, picked up the rest of the family and headed to Ft. Bragg.

We took Moxie to the "Bark Park" which was okay except Moxie was pretty intimidated by all the other dogs. Plus someone's dog escaped while we were walking in and the lady gave me attitude about it (hello-it's called watching your dog!) So that was kind of a bust. After that we headed over to a outdoor track which is a regular 4 lap/1 mile track. I had wanted to know where it was in case I ever wanted to time my mile. Since we were there, I ran 1/2 mile just for the heck of it. Because that's the kind of pro I am...a few spare minutes, why not run a 1/2 mile?? It was so ego-inflating to do that (not because I did a great job) but because back in the day I never would have just run 2 laps at a track simply because it was there. Also a good ego boost was my time-5 minutes. It looks like a 10 minute mile may be becoming my pace!

Then Laura, Moxie and I walked about 10 minutes to a nearby park while my husband moved the car. We played there for a bit and then walked back to the car. All in all, a great day to be outside. It was great to enjoy temps in the high 60's and have fun with my family while spending no money. Can't wait for more weekend days like that!

No comments: