Sunday, February 1, 2009

Better and better...

More progress!  I ran the Hope Mills Loop today, and then some (by the way, according to my Garmin, the  figure-eight really is 1.5 miles). Quick recap --- walked .2 miles, ran 1.3 miles, walked .2 miles figuring my knee could use the rest even though it didn't hurt, and then ran .3 miles for a total of 2 miles. I'm not sure how fast I did it, and I guess I don't even care. The running part of my run hurt - I never got my breathing right, the wind whipped me around a lot and I'm sure my heart rate was higher than I would have liked (I'll look later when I download) - but it felt GOOD....  I guess what I mean is, it felt good to deal with "regular" running issues, and not be held back by my knee. 

The rest of this week....I'm going to run three times, maybe four at most, and the actual running won't exceed 1.5 miles, unless my knee tells me to stop first. So maybe that 5K for the USO at FTCC on March 7 is possible after all?!?!?

Oh, and I've got to get back into my yoga workouts and weightlifting....now that my "I can't run" temper tantrum is over, I'm excited to get back into it all! 


2 comments:

Shana said...

I plan on signing up for the USO 5K. I'm going to walk it not run it, but I'll be there! I think Ed is going to do it too, so we'll both have a child to push around.

Angela said...

Wonderful - I'm hoping to run, but I'll be fine if I have to walk portions of it too....

Anyone else planning on signing up?