Tuesday, November 18, 2008

5K (ish)

I'm off to take Laura to dance, but I had to share before I leave: I ran 3 miles today!! I've been feeling pretty sick and haven't run since Friday, and it's been driving me crazy. I went to the doctor today and she said my lungs are clear and hopefully I won't get too sick, so I felt good to go ahead and run today. Too bad I picked the first really cold day in a while. We even got snow flurries earlier this afternoon!

But I was prepared-Angela and I went shopping today and among other things (running shirts for her, candy for me-no wonder I can't run very fast!) we bought matching headbands that keep your ears warm and even have a hole for your ponytail. I was so excited to try mine out, so once Daniel came home we bundled up Laura and set out. I made Daniel push Laura this time to give myself a break.

I did my mile loop twice, and then an extra mile through the neighborhood. I'd say it was right around 3 miles, maybe a tad over. I finished in 36:30, not too bad at all. It was really cold, and got windy towards the end, but I was so excited to be out running that it was all worth it. I think though, that I tend to have pretty good days after I haven't run for a while, so I don't know if I'll fare so well again tomorrow. But if I still feel okay, I hope to run with Angela tomorrow. Maybe I can make it around the park three times!!

No comments: