Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Did We Just Do a 5K??

Today Angela and I ran together for the first time since we both started our running routinues. We ran the track at Hope Mills Park, which is a lovely and "gently" slopping course. In between Angela's long, graceful strides and my short, choppy ones, we managed to find a pace that we both could deal with. We did a great job and I think we really pushed each other. I know I definitely ran faster than usual. In fact, we ran so fast that we covered 2.5 miles in just 22 minutes!!! Is that even possible? We are pretty confident in our calculations, so we'll just go with it.

Overall, we traveled well over 3 miles, probably close to 3.4 miles. We were out for 36 minutes total although the last 5 minutes or so was a rather leisurely stroll spent discussing our awesomeness. I can't wait until run the course together again-I know it will only get easier. I remember going to that track last year and pushing the girls around in their strollers. I never imagined we would run the entire track-twice!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Do you really think we ran that far? I'm amazed! I hadn't really tried to figure it out. We definitely need to make that a regular thing - we now have a time to beat, or a way of consistently adding distance - or both!

Claire said...

I'm pretty sure we did, but I can't get over 2.5 miles in 22 minutes!! I hope my calculations aren't off.

Patty said...

You girls need a GPS, it tells you exactly how far you went, gives you mile splits and and average pace. I am sure it does much, much more. My more electronically savvy friend Kwan has one and keeps us updated after and even during every run as to how we are doing. It never fails that when we are truly feeling like poop running, we find out that we were going at some awesome pace. On the other hand, when we feel like it is easy and we are flying along, we are mostly sorely disappointed to find out how slow we are. I am so proud of you both I can't tell you!

Claire said...

We definitely need one of those, because the more I think about it, the more I am doubting that we actually ran 2.5 miles. It seems too good to be true!