Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Hate Being Sick!

This is my first non-running post. I'm sick and I'm mad that I'm not posting today about my great run!! If this was just say, January, and I had no races scheduled, that would be one thing. But I'm supposed to run a 5K in two weeks and another one a few weeks later and I need to be getting ready!!

I did get some good advice today though from the dad of one of Laura's classmates. He said on race day (he'll be doing the 10K), he plans on wearing something to cover his mouth in the beginning of the run, so the cold air doesn't mess him up too much. He thought that would be a good idea for someone like me (he meant an asthmatic, not a loser, luckily), and even more so if I am still getting over being sick. I think Daniel has something like that so I will steal it from him and hope that it helps me. I know just what he means though-my run on Tuesday was almost painful in the beginning with the cold air just slicing my lungs. I'm sure that probably contributed to my current low health, but it was worth it since I loved that run!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think I'm getting sick too - Shelby is home sick today with a cold... :-( I'm starting to panic about this race - I'm excited, but if I can't get a few (at least!) outdoor runs in before then, I'm in trouble....and it's soooo cold....

Either way, we'll struggle along together, and finish, even if it takes us way longer than we think it should. The good news is, if we kind of suck for our first 5K, we've got a baseline that will be relatively easy to beat during the second race!