Friday, November 21, 2008

I feel better about feeling worse? Seriously?

So I think it's official, and that I really have a cold. That actually makes me feel better in a strange way, because I was starting to wonder, "If I'm not sick, then what the heck is wrong with me and why can't I run?!" I did actually run sort of today....15 minutes of walking/running on the treadmill, all the while feeling like crap. I feel good about giving it a shot, but can't wait to begin actual running again......

If I can't run tomorrow, I'm going to devote the time I would have spent running to developing a formal running "countdown to 5K" plan!  Or maybe I should do that anyway...I'll figure it out sooner or later...or by the 5K, I guess...

4 comments:

Claire said...

Sorry that you're sick too! My voice is finally back but my breathing is as bad as ever. I tried to get an appointment at the AMIC today, but no luck. I'm not sure if I'll get in any runs before the 5K. Do you think you will? If I am better, I plan to run the Mon & Wed before the race. If I'm not better, I'll go to the race and probably just walk. Not as exciting, but I guess it will still be nice to see what it's like.

Angela said...

I'm not sure what to think about the 5K now - I'm not going to run today, and will just have to play it by ear tomorrow. Either way, I'm with you for the 5K - walk or run, I'm going, and I'm going to finish. Being sick sucks!

Claire said...

So as I was leaving the ER, I asked the most important question: "When can I run again?" I think the nurse thought I was a bit odd. But she said probably in a few days, if I feel better. Hooray!! I hope you get better, like today. But please give yourself a few days to recover. I think I made myself worse by running on Tuesday.

Angela said...

So now that you're on the mend, you'll have to let me know when you're ready to run - I plan on running outside this week and next, so if schedules work we can run together. Feel better!