Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Running in the Rain

I feel so official as a runner now. Today I ran in the rain. Although it wasn't the rain that bothered me-it was the wind! I felt like I was walking in place most of the time. I'm not sure the distance I covered-I know it was over 2 miles but not by much. I'll probably hop in the car in a while and go map it out. I ran for 28 minutes straight and was out for a total of 34 minutes.

What made me the happiest though is that to increase my running time I had to start around on my course a second time. I only ran a tiny, tiny part of it on the second time around, but I never thought I would be able to run the entire thing without stopping, much less go around again!

I'm off to the doctor today to get the official word on my ankle. Hopefully that word is awesome. As in, Claire, you're an awesome runner and should never, ever stop.

2 comments:

Angela said...

You really are awesome! 28 minutes straight is terrific, and in the rain no less....I think we might officially be runners sometime very soon! :-)

Angela said...

Ok, the more I think about it...it really is official already for you...you ran in the RAIN. I'm going to wait on calling myself an official runner until after I run outside one time with matching shoes...