Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What A Relief

It's been a rough week. Something has felt off about my life. I've been feeling stressed and overwhelmed, sick and tired, and generally grouchy. But that all evaporated today when I went for my first run in 8 days. What a relief to be well enough to run again. What a blessing to have a husband who could see my desperate need to get out of the house and do something for myself. What a joy to run through my neighborhood and see my usual sights. I was even happy to gasp for breath and feel the burn in my thighs. That's just how happy I am to be running again.

I went out today with the goal to do one mile. I knew I had to meet that goal or I would feel like I was starting all over again. So I was pleasantly surprised to be able to do 2 miles fairly easily. It took me 23 minutes, not so bad for a girl who was just in the ER on Saturday! I don't think I could have run another mile, but walking would have been no problem. If I continue to feel this good (or better), I know I can complete the race next Friday. Hopefully I can get in a few more good runs before then!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Good for you for getting back to it. Feels good to know you can run again, huh?! Welcome back! :-)