Thursday, November 13, 2008

Treadmill Run

It's rainy today and I was looking for what I thought would be an easy run on a treadmill. Turns out I can't run no matter what the venue is! I really struggled today (again) and even had to stop for a moment to stretch out my ankles. I think I must just run in an odd way since I still feel bothered by my ankles.

On the plus side, I think running on the treadmill allowed me to run faster than normal, although it burned up a lot of energy! I ran for 25 minutes and was on the treadmill for 35 minutes altogether. Covered a tiny bit over 2.5 miles. I suppose that's quite an improvement from a month ago but I'm just not satisfied. I felt like I should have been able to run for 30 minutes today and covered 3 miles. My running over the next few days will probably include pushing Laura in the stroller which always slows me down. Hopefully next week I can get in a 3 mile run. I really want to experience that before the race.

No comments: