Saturday, November 15, 2008

Slow Going

Today was a killer! I had the wind to contend with, not to mention a small child in a jogging stroller and all of her necessary paraphernalia (princess CD player, umbrella, sweatshirt, water bottle). I mapped out a 2 mile course before running because I wanted to get a good idea of my mile pace. I think in an effort to feel awesome, I ran the first mile relatively "quickly". Now quickly for me is not quickly for most people-my first mile was 11:30. Yikes. But here are my excuses: it was windy, I was tired, Laura is heavy, and I am getting a cold. All valid excuses, I suppose. I guess though, I am happy with that time because my second mile took longer: 12:45. I ran for a total of 24:25, and completed two miles. Our last leg of the journey, it was so windy that my headphones started to blow out of my ears!

I was so exhausted at the end and I know I could not have ran an extra mile. I could have walked another one no problem though, which is encouraging. Hopefully next time I run without Laura it will feel easier. This has been a couple of bad days in a row, so I am hoping soon I will have a good run!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I can't imagine running pushing a stroller - you get extra points! :-)

Patty said...

You are awesome to go out in the wind and push a stroller on top of that! I am proud of you.