Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Aspiration!!!

Definition of aspire: to seek to attain or accomplish a particular goal.

Curosity has brought me to this blog and I could not help but be aspired. Is that a word? Not sure....anyway. I found the blog to be very aspiring and really wanted to get in on the fun. Running and fun somehow, however, are not two words I commonly use together. Maybe that is about to change. My first challenge is to get my treadmill fixed. Currently not in working order and has become more of a coat hanger, pant hanger and dust collector than an actual object to make me look and feel better. Will have to call and see if that can be fixed tomorrow. The idea of starting off running in this cold weather just does not sound like an option for me at this point. But big butt and legs were never my first option in life either. Missed out on big boobs option too. Anywho..........thanks for the aspiration from the blog which will aspire me to run. Can't wait to let you know how this goes!!!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Susan, I'm so glad you've joined us!!! It is hard work, but totally worth it. Soon you will be like me and having dreams about running :)

Angela said...

Hey! I'm so excited you're on! I know what you mean about cold weather, but the fun part about it is the accessories - just bought gloves that make me feel as though I run faster, a headband, cool pants and a long sleeved shirt that looks very official.

But...I'll still be on the treadmill more often than I run outside, so getting yours fixed is a great plan... I also think that running on the treadmill was a good starting point for me, because I could monitor my speed (BTW, I started running slowly...like 5.0, for less than 20 minutes at a time). Don't worry though - you'll do great, and then like Claire said, you'll be dreaming about running, and you'll get annoyed when you don't have time to run! :-)

Angela said...

Oh, and about the boobs thing....the bonus for girls like us is that sports bras are cheap, and almost optional! :-)