Thursday, March 26, 2009

25 minutes of not so much fun....

...but I'm ok with that! I'm sick today with a cold (sick enough to drink tea instead of coffee, which for me is a very big deal!), but I didn't want to skip my run entirely. So, I stepped on the treadmill with realistic expectations and a box of tissues near by (which actually ended up being a very good idea indeed...). I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 15 minutes, and then walked for another 5 minutes -- 2.05 miles of not so good, wiping my nose throughout (pardon the visual...).

Not fast, and in fact fairly difficult, but as with yesterday it's better than nothing....and I'm subscribing to ER's theory that exercise will help me get over the cold, rather than hinder my recovery! Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Good idea having the tissues nearby!! :) A lot better than using your sleeve, right?

I hope you feel better soon. After my run today I am feeling exhausted and rundown, which I hope is not due to getting sick.

When is the 10K? How much longer do you have?

The Emerging Runner said...

My theory is holding, my cold is almost gone and it never got too bad. I think getting back to coffee is a strong motivator. It would be for me :)