Sunday, March 29, 2009

A 5K!

After a tough Friday and a not-so-great Saturday in terms of my cold, I'm finally better. So, instead of thinking about the 150 things I should do around the house, I decided that I deserved 30 minutes to run outside. The weather is beautiful, with the exception of a fairly good wind, so out I went. It was wonderful! I tried to ignore my pace and focus on the run. I headed to "the gardens" (Claire, you remember where I mean...) and ran around the neighborhood there. I was reminded of how much more fun it is to run outside (I wasn't counting down the seconds as I do with the treadmill), and that I need to plant tulips next fall. I encountered a total of three cars, except for the light traffic I saw as I crossed two main roads, and about a billion flowers and blooming dogwood trees. Perfect.

I actually ran exactly 3.1 miles, although I wasn't purposefully trying to hit a 5K really, in 32:28. Not fast, but fast enough for me today! And as I think about it, I really believe that that time is faster than my first "official" 5K?

1 comment:

Claire said...

That is a great time, good for you! I'm so glad you were able to get out and run. That neighborhood is so nice to run in.

Let's hope this wind dies down and the weather stays nice so we can keep running outside.