Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Beginning!

Well I am officially beginning my workout routine. I started on Friday with a personal trainer (cross-fit style) and went again today. I haven't started actually running yet, but I did do 12 laps walking on the track at the Highland Presbyterian Rec Center which is something silly short like just over 1/4 mile or something like that. I tried to keep up with the fit white haired lady in white but had a hard time pacing her "race walk" (well it looked that way to me). Friday Laith was fussing so when I did my squats I had an additional 7 lb bundle of joy in my arms which I definitely felt.

I might have some new goals. It looks like I'll be heading to Montgomery AL for training in June. When I look at the website it appears a 10K is in my more immediate future that I had originally thought. The good news is on day two I have a fitness test to take but I only have to run 1.5 miles in 18 minutes. That's better than my normal 14:50 - 15:00 pace that I'll need to keep my annual score up. I'll take it one week at a time and focus that way. I really want to go to this class (it looks much better to complete in in residence) so new goals they are!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow, a 10K in June?!? Good for you! I am glad you are getting back into things. I admire you so much for doing all this exercise right after giving birth. It took me over 4 years to start working on my baby weight.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!