Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm BACK!

I'm finally back!  Without much warning, I ended up working over the past ten days (weekends included!) nearly around the clock. I drank too much coffee and functioned on a mere four hours of sleep for several days in a row, all in the name of building my business. Worth it in the end for sure given the client and the work experience itself (and the $$ of course!), but something had to give....I had no time to feed my family dinner (we ate out several times over the course of ten days, which is virtually unheard of for us since I love to cook!), my house was a constant disaster, and I even went several days without my favorite make-up...I didn't even have time to read the blog, and to be honest, I've missed you all!! As much as I hated it, running simply didn't fit in to the 18-hour workdays. But now, I'm BACK!

I missed running, I thought about running, and I even dreamed about running. So today I headed out. My Shuffle and my Garmin both needed charged, so I went without, and carried my heavy iPhone for music. The weather was perfect. The run was great because I was running -- the pace and the distance?  Well, let's call it somewhere between pathetic and embarrassing. But I don't care. I ran. 

Now, I've decided that I must register for at least one race -- and start shopping for that running skirt....

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hooray for being back to running! It was so beautiful this morning, really the perfect time to go out. We went on a walk around 4pm and I almost died, it was so hot. This does not bode well for the summer!

The Emerging Runner said...

I love running but my priority is always my family. Sounds like yours is too. One great benefit from ten days away from running is that you involuntarily got ten days of recovery. It all works out!