Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Must REALLY Hate The Treadmill

It's raining today, and I was faced with two choices: run at the gym on the treadmill, or run in the rain. I chose to run in the rain. It had been drizzling all morning but as I drove towards the park, it really started coming down. Luckily it let up a bit and only rained for the first 8 minutes of my run. After that it was just a mist.

Despite the rain, it was actually pretty warm and I was glad I chose to wear shorts. I went around the outer loop at HPM Park twice, which we know to be about 1.02 miles around. Then I did the smaller loop, which is advertised at .6 miles. So all together I did about 2.6 miles. My overall time was 27:45. First mile 10:33, second mile 21:14. So I was going slow but not too slow. I really was dying at the end, especially since that last little bit of the walking trail is upward sloping. I was going to try to keep going to hit 30 minutes, but I wisely stopped.

It's been about 1.5 hours and I'm still really feeling the burn. I guess that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to go, Claire -- running in the rain is NO FUN in my book!