Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not Much Better

I think our 3 readers are probably getting tired of only reading about me doing a bad job while I run, and believe me, I'm getting tired of experiencing it! I ran again with my husband this morning, pushing Laura in the jogging stroller, and only managed 21:09. Not sure of the distance but it was definitely not 2 miles.

I decided that I'm going to map a few of my different routes once and for all so that I know how far it is as I run it. That way I'll be able to tell if I finish in a respectable time or not. Plus it will save me from driving around the neighborhood after I run, making all the neighbors think I am weird for circling the block.

Looking on the bright side, I didn't plan to run at all today, so I guess some is better than none!

2 comments:

Patty said...

It's funny because I actually avoid posting when I have had a lousy run, and my friend says it doesn't matter if I am always complaining. I keep thinking I will get to a level of fitness where I will always want to go out for a run no matter the weather and they will be mostly good runs that leave me with a sense of accomplishment. Sadly after nearly 20 years of running, I must admit that it is not so. The most I can feel good about is that I am still out there trying. If that doesn't make you want to quit then you are a true runner.

Claire said...

I always feel like I am complaining about my runs, but I really do enjoy sharing it, if only to keep myself accountable.

I am the same way; I have visions of me one day being able to just say, "wow, a 5 mile run sounds great" and going off and doing it and feeling okay when I'm done.

I think with almost 20 years of running under your belt, plus all of your races, you have plenty to be proud of. I always brag to my friends about your running accomplishments! Maybe I can bask in the reflected glory :)