Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finally, 2 Miles Again

Today I finally surpassed the 2 mile mark, for the first time in a while. It took me almost 25 minutes to go 2.1 miles, which is SO slow, but I will blame all the wind for part of that. But I'm glad I finally hit 2 miles again, and I hope that I can just keep bumping up my distance.

Part of my course was different than usual and included two semi-hills, which I really felt in my thighs. I did like it though, it seemed like a more challenging course. And the good news is my knees felt fine. Still, I think some new shoes should be in my future. I've had this same pair since probably October, and even though I don't run a lot of miles per week, they've gotten a lot of use since I wore them a lot in the winter. The trick is finding a comfortable pair!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Great job! We are always searching for the right pair of shoes, try to go to a place that has experience fitting runners. I am planning on going in to the Valley for a pair in a couple of weeks. I have not been happy with the last pair I bought.