Saturday, March 7, 2009

Does 1 Mile Count?

Today the whole family hit up the Cape Fear River Trail for some good outdoor fun. For those who aren't local, it's a simple paved trail through the woods, paralleling (for the most part) our local river. It was such a nice day today, and after all the cold and rain, we needed it!

The husband had his ruck sack (with a mere 50 pounds in it!) and we set off with the goal of 4 miles. We managed a bit over that and I did one mile of it running, in exactly 10:04, which was pretty awesome in my book. Too bad any running beyond that was impossible. Including water breaks, we were out for about an hour and 20 minutes. The course is fairly hilly and we managed a few jogs here and there throughout. We even sprinted at the end!

After not exercising for over a week, I was happy to get outside, happy that I could run a mile without dying, and happy that the dog finally got some exercise and is currently fast asleep and not harassing me.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good for you, Claire! You are on your way back. I find that half the time I am working on getting back to the point that I may have been at, at one point. We have to be optimists!