Wednesday, March 11, 2009

She signed up for a 10K, so she had to run...

I'm not sure how far I ran (I had to jump off mid-run for a few minutes, and the treadmill restarted before I returned....), but I ran for about 20 or 25 minutes (plus five minutes of walking to warm up), mostly at a ten-minute-mile pace. Felt really good, but I can tell I need to build up my endurance again. 

I've also just figured out how I'm going to run during my trip to Pennsylvania starting tomorrow. A trip or two to a local lake to run should be feasible since the weather looks clear, but in case of rain or snow, a local gym has a pretty good guest pass deal.  I'm going to go right now and pack my running gear!

The 10K training has officially begun!  

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ugh, after struggling today just to hit the 2 mile mark, a 10K seems impossible!!

I hope you get some good runs in while up in PA!

The Emerging Runner said...

You know that you can run 10K, it's really about the pace. If you don't care about breaking 8:00, 9:00, etc. then you can just have fun with it. Maybe focus more on speed for the next one.