Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another quick mile

So I'm stuck on a conference call until 4:30 PM, which completely ruined my workout plans...or so I thought at first. As I was listening to the call (a focus of which, by the way, is supporting physical activity and healthy eating through policy and environmental change - a point that was not lost on me as I contemplated yet another day of no running...), I glanced over to my treadmill. It looked lonely. I have speaker phone and a computer screen that can be seen from across the room. I ran a quick mile and walked some, and gave a bit of my attention to the call at the same time. I couldn't be MIA for too long, so I was on the treadmill a total of about 12 minutes (I think I covered about 1.25 miles or so?), but hey....better than nothing.

I'm still not out from under the mountain of work that built up during the "big project," and my trip, but I'm getting there....I think. If I don't have this figured out by next week, I'm guessing I'm heading back to early morning running. We'll see. I've got to get moving though -- that 10K is on my mind, to say the least! :-)

2 comments:

Claire said...

I am just loving the image of you running on the treadmill while doing your conference call. That is hysterical!! Talk about multi-tasking!

No run for me today, but I'd better go tomorrow.

The Emerging Runner said...

I know exactly how you feel. The call of the road strikes me when I'm working from home. Running 1.25miles between conference calls etc., is really a smart methodology. It all counts and if you have limited time you can work on your speed. I'm discovering that speed work, even done in short segments, has helped both my endurance and pace.

Thanks for your kind comments about my current afflictions. I'm not loving either but they aren't going to get in my way.

You may want to string together a couple of longer runs this weekend, even at a moderate pace. It's coming down to just a few weeks now and a good time to get the slow twitch muscles ready for a 10K distance.