Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

Today was the first day in a long time that I've had to force myself to go run. Sure there are days when I'm not totally feeling it, but today I REALLY didn't want to go out. I promised myself if I just did one mile I would be released from my duty and could return home. When I started out, even that one mile seemed like too much. It was cold and windy, I was tired, and I had a ton of things to do once I got home.

But as luck would have it, I warmed up a little bit, started being glad that I was out, and in the end, ran 2.5 miles. I'm so happy I did, because after not running since Thursday, I thought for sure I wouldn't even hit 2 miles. I came to a crossroads of sorts on my run, and I chose to go the route that took my farther from my house and probably tacked the last mile onto my run. I almost went even farther since I was still feeling okay, but there was the whole problem of having to go back the way I came, and I knew if I went much farther I would be walking or crawling home. It took my 26:10 which is a good amount of time to run for, but I am looking forward to the days when it is even longer!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good for you Claire, it seems like it is not taking you long at all to get your running legs back. I think just knowing you've done it once before makes it easier to do again. You are awesome!