Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Husband Is Trying To Kill Me

After yesterday's exhausting run/walk, I thought for sure today would be a day of rest. No such luck! Almost immediately after waking up, my husband asked if I was ready to run. I was not ready at all, and I told him so, but that did me no good. Not 15 minutes later I found myself in running clothes and outside.

It was a tough, tough run. My legs are tired from yesterday, it's super windy, and my breathing is still protesting every step I take. But we managed to do most of our little loop in 18:41, and the run totaled probably about 1.7 miles.

So I'm glad that we went out, and I'm glad I went with my husband because he always seems to inspire me to go farther than I would have had I been alone. But I know that I am going to be exhausted tomorrow!

And on a side note, I need to do some shopping for summer running clothes. Anyone want to join me? I've been told the skimpier, the better!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Did the husband suggest skimpier? You are young so enjoy the skimpy, I personally don't like skimpy, but when the weather is hot, tanks are the only way to go. I will be on the look out for you.

Claire said...

Yes it was my dear husband. I do need some tanks, it will just be too hot this summer for anything else. This warm weather is making me so scared about running in the summer. I just don't know if I'll be able to do it.