Friday, January 2, 2009

And we're off!!!!

After a few days delay, I got on the treadmill today. It was really great!!!! I was afraid I would be all out of shape but I guess I don't give myself the credit I should. Chasing after 2 kids has kept me in better shape than I thought. I walked and felt so good I went ahead and ran a little bit. I was afraid if I started too hard, I would hurt all over tomorrow. But my short run went really great. I was going through alot of programs to test it out so have no idea how far I really ran. Not far I am sure but I am ecstatic that I was not foaming at the mouth out of breath. I did run several minutes at a time and felt good. I am such a surprise to myself. It has been over a year for sure since I ran last. This is really great!!!

The treadmill does have an iFit program to train you for long distance running. I am going to have to check that out. Not sure how much that costs. A trainer you can turn off and on.....how nice.

I also went online and found Omega Sports that does shoe analysis. I will go in and check on them next week. My shoes are definately not for running. I got onto Runner's World website and never knew there was so much to learn about shoes!! Go figure!!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wonderful, Susan!!!! I'm so glad your first run felt good!! Are you going to do the C25K plan beginning tomorrow? I'm so excited for you!!!

Good shoes are a must, so get a good pair asap....for me, my running shoes make all the difference. I almost feel like I can fly in them! :-)