Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An easier mile....

Pending writing deadlines, dry cleaning, library books, a hair cut and homework prevented a prompt post yesterday, but now I have a moment, so here we go...

I did my strides and drills yesterday around the track at the gym, headed to the evil torture machine for 12 minutes of non-impact cardio (seriously, I know people like elliptical machines, but the question is...WHY? :-), and then to the treadmill. I set the timer for 18 minutes, to ensure a 30-minute workout over all. I walked for two minutes, ran for 12 minutes or so, and then walked the rest of the time. I ran slower than I did the other day (between a 10-minute and 11-minute mile), but the pain on my knee was minimal - much better than the last time I ran!!  It feels so good to see definite improvement, and to actually run again!  I can tell though that my fitness level has declined though from not running as much, but that's ok - I'm back on track!

Oh, and about this "new" way of running based on the advice of the personal trainer.....it's starting to feel a bit more normal, but as I got a little tired, I really had to focus on doing the right things. Funny thing is, my knee would start to hurt just a tiny bit so I'd focus on running the right way, and the pain would stop.  I can't wait until I can just run without thinking about it!  

1 comment:

Claire said...

We were posting at the same time! I'm glad you were able to do your run yesterday, I was starting to worry that your knee had hurt too much.

I really can't wait to see this new running in person. It's incredible that it is helping so much. I agree, I hope that soon you cane run that way without even thinking about it.