Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bad Idea

Here is the equation I came up with today while running. You may remember it from your math classes in school.

Snow on the ground+36 degrees+iPod with no power+loose dogs taunting my dog+partially ripped off big toenail+already feeling sick=why would anyone be so foolish as to run?

The foolish person in this story is me. Luckily I came to my senses quickly and returned home right away. Today's summary is as follows:

Time ran: 10.5 minutes (out for 15 altogether)
Length: Probably a mile, maybe a bit more. I had to run fast to get away from the loose dogs!
How I felt: Very, very cold.

I hate to go too long without running, and today seemed like the first feasible day. Just standing outside it doesn't really feel that cold, but once I started running I could really feel it. Every breath was just killing my already pathetic lungs, so I headed back home. I guess it was better than nothing, although I'm not feeling so great right now. Hopefully I didn't just make myself even sicker!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Good for you for giving it a try - I"m debating still, and it's 2:15 PM!