Sunday, January 11, 2009

Running With A Stroller-Just As Hard As I Remembered!

My husband is off golfing today with an old college friend, so Laura figured we would fill our time with some outdoor activities. First on the list was a run for me, since I seem to be on an "every three days" runing schedule. I don't really like that, but I guess it's better than nothing!

It has been a really long time since I've had to push Laura in the stroller so that added some extra work. But managing her in the stroller and the dog on the leash was much easier than I expected, and it was nice to be out with Laura again. I did 4 minutes warm up walking, ran 11 minutes, walked 3.5 minutes (would have been less if a man with 3 dogs hadn't been walking by-Moxie was awesome, but I didn't want to taunt the dogs by running past them with mine), then ran for 9 more minutes. Did a long walk on the end for a total of 32 minutes.

This was a tough run for me and I felt pretty tired at the end. I was pleased with my running though and at one point even managed to sprint up one of our neighborhood "hills". It's really just a long upward slope, but definitely a work out to sprint up pushing a stroller. Laura said I was running "as fast as Daddy" which was probably untrue but flattering nonetheless.

I plan on running tomorrow to get on a better schedule. Every three days is too infrequently for me!

1 comment:

Angela said...

"Fast as Daddy?" You're awesome! Maybe we can plan an outdoor run this week, without strollers (or knee pain?!) - looks like it may be cold, but at least there's not much rain in the forecast!