Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This morning....

I have a lunch meeting today....at Mi Casita...and the thought of running with a stomach full of Mexican food is not all that appealing! So I ran this morning, just to get it done, and had a great time! It felt so good to be really running again!! I was on the treadmill for 36 minutes - walked 3 minutes, ran 30 minutes, walked 3 minutes - and covered 3.37 miles. The best part is that most of my running, with the exception of just the first few minutes, was at a 10-minute mile pace, and I kept my breathing under control and felt comfortable the entire time. Next time, I'm going to try to remember my heart rate monitor to gauge how much I was really "working" though.

Now my goal is to build back up to 4 miles and/or 40 minutes of running....but not until next week!

No comments: