Thursday, January 15, 2009

Two Miles Is My Max

I ran today and had some shin pain for a good portion of the run. Not fun! I moved pretty slowy but took a different route that seemed a bit longer, hoping to extend my distance and time. I did go a tiny bit longer than last time for a total of 22 minutes of running. But when I hopped into the car and drove the course, I found out that once again, it was exactly 2 miles!! It seems like my body just can't do any more than that these days. Or maybe my internal radar (was that what you called it Angela?) simply won't allow me to do more!

I'm glad I'm doing 2 miles, and it is definitely hard work, but I'm always left feeling unsatisfied at the end. I wish I could run more. I also want to move faster. My pace seems to be 10 minutes for the first mile, 11 or 12 for the second. Doing 10 minute miles consistently would be great, and 9 minutes would be even better! I'd better not get too greedy though. For now continuing to do 2 miles at least 4 times a week is my goal.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You know what? I bet you'll run two miles max for awhile and then you're going to suddenly make a huge leap. But 3.1 miles is your max really, right?!