Saturday, January 24, 2009

I have to count it....

Just a quick note to say that I have to count this as worthy of a post.... Ed and I walked the mile loop around HM Park, and let Shelby ride her bike. So, it was a walk not a run, but I think it's all part of the process of getting back to running four or five miles (did I really do that just two months ago? :-( )...Anyway, no knee pain, lots of fresh air, and family fun... What more could I ask for?  Well, I suppose I could ask for a five-mile run by myself, but I won't....at least I won't today.

5 comments:

Shana said...

Yep, it counts. A mile is a mile and you burn the same calories running or walking. It just takes longer to walk! I'm thinking about trying that walk myself. Laith was born on Tuesday and I forgot how fun it is to feel like you've been run over by a truck. No 5 mile run this week for me!

Claire said...

Good for you Angela, it definitely counts (especially since I sat on my rear end for a good portion of the day!)

And Shana, congrats on the new little one!

The Emerging Runner said...

It all counts and the important part is that you are respecting the injury. That's just being smart.

Angela said...

Thank you all - it's so hard not to be frustrated with "just a mile," when I had built myself up to over 4 miles, so I appreciate all of your support and encouragement....

Shana - congratulations!!! I hope all went well, and that you'll let us know when you're ready to get out for a walk, even if it's a quick one. I remember "needing" to move and get out of the house!

Shana said...

My brain is ready! I'm hoping to start walking at least this week. I figure that's more realistic than my original jump back in plan.