Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting There....

I pushed myself hard today, which was both good and bad. I managed to run for 20.5 minutes with no breaks, a definite improvement over the last few days, but I worry that I overdid myself and won't do as well next time. Either way though, I guess I'm glad I did a straight run today. It's encouraging to know that I won't always need to walk halfway when I run. It was really windy today and my breathing was bad, so it was really very tough. Not to mention the UPS guy driving by right as I was about to finish...I didn't want him to see me stop, so I have him to thank for the extra 30 seconds on my run.

I drove my course after I ran and it was almost exactly 2 miles, just a hair under. So that makes me really happy with my pace. Am I finally running a little bit faster? I felt like I was going slower than ever before but my first mile was under 10 minutes. Almost unheard of for me! Obviously I can't sustain that pace though since my second mile was slower. But still. Victory in our time!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome, Claire! I'm so excited for you!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Maye I will be inspired by you, maybe not. So far I only run when someone is chasing me and even then only if they are bigger than me. Hubby is a running health nut so I better get inspired fast :)