Friday, January 23, 2009

I Hate It When I'm Right

Just as I suspected yesterday, I'm getting sick. My breathing is horrible, I'm exhausted, and I think I have an ear infection (of all things). I know this sounds pathetic and whiny, but this is our running blog and I'm not running, so yes, I came here to whine.

I had planned on at least doing the yoga video today but even that sounded like too much. Here it is 8:30 on a Friday, and I'm ready for bed. Angela and I talked today about how we just need to accept these minor setbacks as a part of life. We run because we enjoy it and for the health benefits, but we aren't running to stay alive. If we miss a few days (or weeks), it's not the end of the world. At the same time, it really is frustrating being kept from doing something we enjoy.

Maybe we should just accept it that January is going to be a bad month, and start looking towards February as our comeback!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am sorry you are sick, I can really empathize with you. How nice it is though that we have friends that we can #1 whine to, and #2 that really want us to get better so we can run again. I am feeling so bad because my foot and my weeklong cold/flu thing does not just affect me but affects my friends also. The good news is that I am feeling better with the cold finally and am going to start some physical therapy for my foot (a bad bone bruise). Anyway in all the years I have run, it just seems like the beginning of the year is hard to be consistant, for whatever reason and just know that it will get better. Hope you get better soon.

Angela said...

It's good to hear that we're not the only ones that face challenges when it comes to running - and that this will get better....

Claire - hope you're feeling better soon!