Saturday, January 17, 2009

Swimming!

So this isn't about running, but since I've been bitter about running (and not working out as my own way of "pouting" about the whole thing...yes, I know...very mature...) I must post anyway. I'm sick of the cold weather and I'm sick of not being able to run, so it wasn't a surprise when Ed gently pointed out that I was being crabby this morning. In an effort to improve my mood, he suggested that we go for a swim!  It was exactly what I needed to feel warm and get moving again - it was wonderful, and I feel so much better!  I almost feel as though I've exercised! :-) And bonus - Ed's gone for a bit and Shelby's napping on the couch because swimming wears a kid out, so I'm going to enjoy QUIET and read!  

BTW, we didn't swim in the backyard (I know, I know...duh!) - we went to the Health Plex and paid for a day pass. It cost a total of $33 - $15 each for me and Ed and $3 for Shelby - which is kind of a lot for an hour or so of swimming, but I figured it was worth it considering I was in such desperate need of an attitude adjustment. And, we'd have spent that much at the movies between tickets and popcorn - this way I was exercising (ok, playing...) instead of sitting on my rear for two hours shoving my face! :-)

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so glad that you were able to do something today, exercise wise! I know how awful it feels going too long without it. And kudos to you for braving a bathing suit in January!!!

How's the knee? Should we try to do another power walk soon?

Angela said...

Power walk, yes...but I doubt a run would work. I've just given up for the moment, figuring total rest might be the answer....I have my appointment with the personal trainer/running expert tomorrow though, so I'm hopeful! :-)