Saturday, January 31, 2009

HMP the mythical 1.8 miles "busted"....

So maybe I watch too much mythbusters... but today Ed, Olga, Laith and I went to the park. Olga was on her new bike, Laith in his stroller... me with my handy dandy GPS (Garmin Forerunner 201 series). We started right at the split and did the large loop first, then Ed and Olga dropped out to go play on the swings and Laith and I continued. I took the loop and figured eight back around... GPS says it's 1.5 miles at best. I say at best because on the first loop I would walk ahead and then double back a bit to "catch back up" to Olga and Ed. It wasn't a lot of extra steps but still enough so I'm not sure that the 1.53 on my GPS really doesn't mean 1.48 or whatever... But my average pace was about a 22 minute mile (am I a speed racer or what?) and when I was with Laith by ourselves I was clocking a 19 minute mile.. whhoo hoo.... 1.5 down.... We'll see what Monday has in store...

2 comments:

Claire said...

I knew it was too good to be true! I'm glad the myth is officially busted though, now my ego is in check and I can get back to working hard!

I'm still in awe of you and all the exercising with a brand new baby. I'd better get my act together or soon you will pass me up.

Angela said...

At least we're all official now, and know what we're talking about! Sorry Claire, but you are still awesome!

Way to go Shana on the walking by the way. Given how brand new Laith is, any speed other than "passed out on the couch from exhaustion" is super-fast in my book!