Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Running Miracle!

Ok, so that's a lie....it just felt like the thing to say....

I do have progress to report though. I did my drills and strides at the indoor track today, much to the dismay of the old ladies also walking on this track. I can't decide if the strides made me look like a star athlete (this is what I'm choosing to believe...in fact, I actually pretended as much so I wouldn't focus on my image in the glass windows) or a lame horse that had been hit with a tranquilizer and was fighting it. I'll be happy to demonstrate for you all, and let you make the call...I'm not too proud to look like an idiot in the name of better running!

Anyway, I then followed up my track performance with about ten minutes on the treadmill at various speeds until I felt my knee.  No, I'm not leaving a word out....just "felt" my knee and hit the "Stop" button faster than I ate the last brownie yesterday while standing in the pantry hiding from my family!  You don't have to tell this girl twice...if it starts to hurt, STOP! Or at least stop right now....and run through the pain later...maybe...if I'm in the middle of a marathon! :-)

Oh, and the arch of my right foot also cramped today. What fun!  In fact, it seems like the fun never stops, if we're calling roadblocks to running "fun" these days. I know, I know..."I'll laugh about this later," right? Maybe....and maybe snake meat really does taste like chicken too....

1 comment:

Claire said...

Okay, I cannot wait to see you gallop like a horse that has been shot with a tranquilizer!! Although I'm sure you look much better than that :)

And you're right, it's always something. Now I am dealing with my toenail that ripped off. I took a walk with Laura and Moxie today and that didn't feel so great hitting against my shoe!